Helminths, popularly called worms, are parasites that live in the human body and provoke various deviations. This disease is called helminthiasis. Specialists can name several hundred helminths, including pinworms, roundworms, cat leeches and others that are most common. Although such parasites cause many problems, they do not pose a particular threat to health. But there are other organisms that can cause irreparable harm to the human body, including Echinococcus, Alveococcus, beef tapeworm - a tapeworm that can grow to several meters in length.
There are many reasons why worms get into the body, this can happen when:
- a person neglects the rules of personal hygiene;
- does not comply with hygiene standards when preparing food;
- eats poorly thermally processed foods;
- eats unwashed vegetables and fruits;
- does not wash hands after contact with animals;
- bathes in a polluted river or lake;
- was bitten by an insect (although infection from a bite is extremely rare);
- often next to a sick helminthiasis.
Symptoms of helminthiasis
How to get rid of helminths if most of them do not have pronounced symptoms? Nevertheless, there are some very eloquent signs:
- Difficulty passing stool - some types of helminths can block the intestines and cause constipation;
- diarrhea - frequent diarrhea may indicate helminthiasis, since these parasites secrete substances that provoke watery stools;
- Gas formation is quite a common phenomenon, but if this has been observed for more than 14 days, then most likely worms have settled in the body.
- allergy - substances secreted by worms are synthesized in the body by eosinophils - these are cells that provoke allergies;
- Muscle and joint pain - worms enter and move in the muscles, which is the cause of pain;
- Deterioration in appearance - with helminthiasis, external signs of infection often appear - wrinkles, acne, rashes, dry skin, brittle nails, hair loss may appear;
- Change in body weight - the body reacts to a foreign invasion by gaining weight, and if the weight decreases, it means that parasites draw useful substances from it;
- anemia - helminths suck nutrients from the blood, which leads to a decrease in hemoglobin in the blood;
- severe itching of the anus - a symptom appears due to the release of worms from the body;
- grinding teeth in a dream;
- increased fatigue - an acute lack of nutrients leads to fatigue and apathy;
- insomnia - the body begins an active fight against helminths, therefore restless sleep or insomnia may appear;
- Fever and cough - the presence of helminths can provoke difficulty breathing and symptoms of acute respiratory infections.
Before fighting worms, you must pass tests to identify them.
What are dangerous worms
Evolving parasites perfectly adapted to the human internal environment. Most often, people suffering from helminthiasis and coming to the hospital with various diseases do not even suspect that they are caused by the presence of parasites in the body.
Almost all worms have small hooks or suction cups that they use to cling tightly to the walls of the intestine and other organs. They spread throughout the body, attacking the liver, gallbladder, heart, intestines and even the brain. The insidiousness of helminthiasis lies in the fact that doctors often make an incorrect diagnosis and can confuse the symptoms. How to remove worms from the body and prevent their destruction? It is very important to know that curing worms is only half the battle, since the putrefactive products left after them will further poison the body. Therefore, you need to get rid of them as soon as possible.
There are two ways to remove worms from a person - this is drug therapy and traditional medicine. Removal of worms with medicinal products is divided into three stages - preparatory, therapeutic and restorative. Medications are broad and narrow spectrum. Broad-spectrum drugs can kill any type of parasite, while narrow-spectrum drugs are prescribed to treat a specific type of worm. The most effective of them are:
- Methyl Carbamate – available in the form of tablets, treats enterobiasis and trichuriasis;
- Tetrahydropyrimidine derivative - is available in the form of a suspension or tablets and is prescribed for the treatment of ascariasis, enterobiasis and others. This drug can also be used during pregnancy, but prior consultation with a doctor is required.
- Benzimidazole carbamate derivative - there are 3 types - suppositories, powder and tablets, in a child it helps to get rid of pinworms. In addition, it is prescribed for beef and pork tapeworm, giardia and roundworm. The drug destroys not only adult parasites, but also their larvae.
There are still many drugs that help recover from both worms and their decay products. However, the disadvantage of conservative treatment is the toxicity of these drugs, as a result of which the patient experiences headaches, indigestion, allergies, general malaise and fatigue after treatment. Drugs destroy parasites and at the same time damage the microflora of the whole organism, and in this regard alternative medicine is an excellent alternative to conservative treatment.
Folk remedies offer many ways to get rid of worms without resorting to pharmaceutical preparations. They practically do not cause side effects, gently cleanse the body and help it restore its functions.
Treatment of worms with herbs
How to get rid of worms at home with the help of various herbs? For this purpose, special plants with anthelmintic properties are collected, decoctions and tinctures are made from them.
- Dry mix of cloves, tansy and wormwood.Take herbs in equal amounts, mix and eat 5 g of this mixture daily on an empty stomach, drinking plenty of warm water. The duration of treatment is 30 days.
- A decoction of wormwood.This remedy for worms in small quantities is very effective, but if it is exceeded, it will have a negative effect on the body. Mix centaury and wormwood in equal proportions, separate 30 gr. mix, pour a glass of water and simmer in a water bath for 30 minutes. The brew is drunk half an hour before bedtime.
- Infusion of celandine.Grind the leaves and roots of the plant, separate 20-30 grams, pour 200 ml of boiling water, wrap in a towel and leave to cool. Then strain the mixture and take it twice a day for 3 days. Celandine belongs to the category of poisonous plants, but in small amounts it is absolutely harmless and very effective in treating stubborn parasites.
- elecampane tincture.Mix equal parts of elecampane root, tansy blossoms and dried blueberries. Separate about 40 gr. and pour a glass of water. Boil the mixture over low heat for about half an hour. Drink 5 tablespoons for 7 days.
Treatment of worms with folk remedies includes the use of products that are available to everyone. Onion has an excellent antimicrobial effect, and it is also used in the fight against helminthiasis:
- Cut the middle onion a little with a knife, pour a glass of warm water and leave overnight. Drink onion tincture in the morning on an empty stomach;
- Twist the onion in a meat grinder, squeeze out the juice, mix with the juice of a three-year-old aloe and a spoonful of honey. This mixture should be eaten three times a day;
- Twist a couple of medium-sized onions through a meat grinder and pour half a liter of vodka. Leave for 10-12 days, then strain and take a tablespoon three times a day before meals.
It is important to know!Groups of people who are prohibited from taking alcohol medicines can use water infusions.
Traditional medicine offers several ways to quickly get rid of worms with garlic:
- Rub a clove of garlic on a fine grater, mix with a liter of warm boiled water and make an enema before bedtime.
- crushed garlic add to a glass of warm milk and drink before going to bed. This method is effective in treating a child from worms.
- Make a mixture of garlic, egg yolk, salted herring and warm milk. You must take it in 100 gr. several times a day such a remedy is very effective for tapeworms.
Other anti-worm remedies
There are many ways to get rid of worms. This can be done using conventional means.
Pass a few green nuts through a meat grinder along with the shell. Bring a glass of water to a boil, add a little salt and pour nuts over it. Wrap the mixture and leave it on for about 3 hours. Then strain and drink the entire infusion at once.
Squeeze sauerkraut juice and drink a few tablespoons on an empty stomach.
Five tablespoons of dry bark pour half a liter of vodka. Keep in a dark place for 7 days, shaking the container regularly. Strain the tincture and take a teaspoon three to four times a day before meals. The duration of treatment is 21 days.
There are several ways to get rid of worms in a day using pumpkin seeds. To enhance the anthelmintic effect, they can be combined with other products:
- Seeds and honey - twist a jar of peeled seeds through a meat grinder, add a little melted honey and warm water. Eat the mixture on an empty stomach, after two or three hours drink a laxative;
- Seeds and Garlic - Fry the seeds a little in a dry pan and mix them with three large cloves of minced garlic. Add 20gr. fresh honey, insist 12 hours and eat on an empty stomach.
- Seeds and milk - grind the seeds and eat them with warm milk.
Pumpkin seeds are one of the most effective and safe ways to get rid of helminthiasis.
Traditional medicine recommends several ways to get rid of worms in adults using cognac. And although many are skeptical about such treatment, if used correctly, this drink will quickly and safely help get rid of helminths.
Dilute 50-70 ml of cognac with the same amount of tea and drink before bedtime. When a person falls asleep, a mixture of cognac and tea will help the worms to lag behind the walls of the internal organs, then they become especially vulnerable. 2 hours after taking cognac, you need to get up and take a strong laxative.
Treatment of helminthiasis in children
Traditional medicine offers many safe ways to get rid of worms in children. This is very important as the child's body is still very fragile and vulnerable. But, unfortunately, children do not always understand the need for treatment. So that it does not become uncomfortable and painful, there are recipes that will please the little patient:
- Carrot Honey Juice - Mix freshly squeezed carrot juice with a tablespoon of fresh honey. If the child loves carrots, you can just grate them, add honey and let the baby eat;
- Roast the pumpkin seeds a little, grind, mix with honey. The child will eat this mixture with pleasure.
In the case of threatening symptoms, herbal decoctions, garlic enemas and laxatives are used.
Any disease is better to prevent than to treat, so to avoid parasites entering the body, you should follow a few simple rules:
- Wash your hands as often as possible, especially after walking and before eating;
- wash all eaten vegetables and fruits;
- subject to thorough heat treatment of fish and meat products;
- cut meat, fish and vegetables on different cutting boards;
- limit contact with street animals;
- Systematically show pets to the vet.
Helminthiasis is a very unpleasant disease, but with the right treatment, you can get rid of it very quickly.