Helminthiasis is a disease that occurs as a result of infection of the body with helminths (worms). They cause many other dangerous diseases and severely suppress the immune system. Worms can be located not only in the intestines, but also in the eyes, brain and muscles. It is important to know how to get rid of worms at home and what measures to take in order not to get infected.
Why worm diseases need to be treated
Almost all known worms have a negative effect on the human body:
- Ascaris - damage tissues and organs, resulting in chronic diseases of the heart, liver, lungs and gastrointestinal tract.
- Vlasoklavy - pierce the walls of the gastrointestinal tract, cling to them and poison the body with the products of their vital activity.
- Echinococcus - clogs the bile ducts, causes cholecystitis and cholelithiasis, forms cysts in internal organs and even in the brain.
For this reason, it is imperative to get rid of helminthiasis as soon as possible.
How to find out if a person has worms at home
The presence of worms in the body cannot be determined visually. But there are characteristic symptoms that may indicate infection:
- drowsiness, chronic fatigue, malaise;
- frequent diarrhea or constipation, vomiting, nausea;
- weakened immune system, regular colds;
- suddenly manifested allergy;
- sudden unexplained weight loss.
In children, the presence of worms is characterized by the following symptoms:
- poor sleep, grinding teeth while sleeping;
- frequent diarrhea, vomiting, flatulence;
- excessive salivation;
- itching in the anus;
- irritability, drowsiness;
- Brittleness of nails, hair and dry skin.
However, these signs are not specific to infection with worms and can accompany other pathologies. Therefore, consultation with a doctor is necessary. It is necessary to contact an infectious disease specialist and a gastroenterologist.
To make an accurate diagnosis and find out which worms have invaded the body, laboratory tests of feces, swabs and blood will help.
Treatment of worms with folk remedies
Folk recipes also help get rid of parasitic worms, but it is better to combine them with medicines. Alone, they act more slowly and not always fully, that is, to achieve the desired result is required far from a course.
onion and garlic
Onions are effective against pinworms, Giardia, Ascaris, kill them in one or two applications. Garlic helps get rid of worms, but is contraindicated in case of exacerbation of gastrointestinal diseases, epilepsy and liver failure.
Garlic and Onion Recipes:
- Chop a large onion, pour a glass of boiling water and leave for 10 hours. Means drinking once in the morning on an empty stomach. The course can be repeated in a week.
- A couple of cloves of garlic (55 g) need to be crushed and pour 250 ml of vodka, insist for a week. Drink 30 drops three times a day for 14 days.
Helps get rid of nematodes and cestodes safely. Nuts must be used unripe in shell. Pour four tablespoons of chopped raw materials with a glass of boiling water and insist until cool. Drink the entire amount of the prepared product in three portions throughout the day. The last serving must be supplemented with a laxative.
A pomegranate peel remedy can be used not only to get rid of parasites, but also to prevent reinfection. It is prepared like this:
- 5 g of chopped dry zest is poured with boiling water (0. 5 l);
- the mixture is set on fire and vaporized, leaving half the liquid;
- after cooling, the drug is drunk completely on an empty stomach;
- After a few hours, you need to take a hand luggage with you.
milk with garlic
Used as an enema. The tool gently acts on the digestive tract and helps get rid of worms. Before a medicinal enema, it is recommended to do a cleansing enema.
The head of a spicy plant must be crushed, pour boiling water (250 ml) and leave to cool. Then strain the tincture and mix with 250 ml milk.
Milk increases the effectiveness of garlic and has a mild laxative effect.
This is the most popular and well-known means of eliminating worms. To get rid of parasites, seeds are used:
- Every day on an empty stomach you need to eat 2 large spoons of ground raw seeds, and after 2 hours take a laxative.
- On an empty stomach you need to eat 300 g of seeds, and after half an hour drink a glass of milk, and then take a laxative.
Pumpkin seeds have no contraindications. However, they should be used with caution in people with increased stomach acid.
An alcoholic beverage will also help get rid of parasitic worms if used properly. Every day on an empty stomach you should drink 15 g of alcohol and after 30 minutes a tablespoon of castor oil. The course of therapy is 5-7 days.
In case of intolerance to cognac in its pure form, the drink can be mixed with tea or water.
To get rid of worms, it is recommended to do coffee enemas. Three tablespoons of naturally ground coffee must be brewed in one liter of water. The solution is infused until cool and filtered. It is advisable to leave it in the intestines for 15-20 minutes. The duration of treatment is 14 days, after a week it can be repeated to prevent relapses.
Wormwood, tansy, yarrow
The bitter plant wormwood has a detrimental effect on all types of worms. To get rid of helminths with the help of dried pharmaceutical wormwood, you need to prepare a tincture:
- Grass pour vodka in a ratio of 1: 3.
- Insist for seven days.
- Take 50g on an empty stomach for two weeks.
You can also brew the herb with a glass of boiling water and insist until it cools, then divide the remedy into portions and consume throughout the day. Both recipes are very effective and safe, and will help to quickly get rid of parasites if the dosage is not violated.
Prohibited remedies with wormwood for pregnant women, as well as during menstruation.
With the help of other medicinal herbs, you can quickly and without consequences get rid of worms at home:
- A decoction of tansy. Dry grass is ground into powder and mixed with honey in equal parts. You need to eat 1 tbsp. l. in the mornings and the evenings. This treatment is only suitable for adults. It is recommended to combine the evening reception with an enema or carrying means.
- Ribbon parasite immortelle. 2 large spoons of grass are brewed with boiling water (0. 5 l) and infused in a thermos for 14 hours. Filter and take half a glass 3 times a day for 7 days.
A tasty remedy will not only help get rid of worms, but also strengthen the immune system to quickly get rid of the consequences of the invasion. Cranberry juice drink 500-750 ml per day for 3-5 days. No sugar may be added to the drink.
How to get rid of worms quickly with medication
It is not just about destroying unwanted "neighbors", but also getting rid of them gently - without harming your own body. Worms are treated in three stages:
- Preparatory, lasting up to a week. During this period, the body must be cleaned of toxins and prepared for the subsequent treatment. To do this, you should drink 1 teaspoon of pumpkin seed oil three times a day half an hour before a meal.
- The main one is taking anthelmintics. By this time it turns out that the worms are eliminated and completely removed from the body.
- Restorative - nutrition and vitamin intake to quickly restore health after antihelminthic therapy.
The best way to get rid of parasites is to resort to a medical deworming method under the supervision of a treating specialist.
There are many effective drugs, but they often cause negative side effects. To avoid them, you need to carefully read the instructions and follow all the doctor's recommendations.
Means based on levamisole
If you are interested in getting rid of worms at home in a day, then this drug is for you. For adults, taking one tablet (150 mg) at night is enough and the problem is solved. The dosage is determined individually:
- children 3-6 years old - 25 mg;
- 7-10 years - up to 75 mg;
- 10-18 years - 100 mg.
The active substance levamisole in the composition of the drug helps to get rid of ascaris, pinworms, necator and other types of worms. The drug is contraindicated in pregnant and lactating women, as well as in people with impaired kidney or liver function.
Praziquantel based product
Helps in a short time to get rid of worms - cestodes and nematodes. After a person takes the drug, the parasite becomes paralyzed and soon dies.
The medicine is available in tablet form. The capsules are taken whole and with plenty of water. The dosage is selected according to the type of worms you need to get rid of. The duration of therapy varies: 1-3 days.
This tool not only helps to get rid of infection with worms, but also prevents re-infection. It is available in tablet form and as a suspension that can be given to babies from 4 years of age.
The action of the drug applies to all types of worms. It is also prescribed for mixed invasions. The main contraindication is individual intolerance to the components of the drug. The dosage depends on the type of parasites:
- To get rid of Ascaris worms, you need to take 400 mg (tablets) or 20 ml of suspension per day.
- to kill Giardia - 10-15 mg / 1 kg for 4-6 days;
- To get rid of trichinosis, they drink 400 mg (20 ml of suspension) twice a day for 15 days.
Features of personal hygiene and nutrition during treatment
To get rid of parasitic worms without negative consequences, it is recommended to follow a diet during therapy:
- Exclude heavy foods - fried, fatty, smoked, sweets, starchy foods, carbonated and alcoholic drinks.
- Eat more fresh vegetables and fruits.
- Follow the drinking schedule recommended by nutritionists.
- Consume dairy products.
The patient should use personal hygiene products: towels, toothbrushes, etc. After using the toilet, be sure to wash your hands with soap and rinse them. You should also change your underwear every day. In this case, getting rid of the worms is easy, and the rest of the household will not become infected.
Prevention of worm diseases
To protect yourself from infection with worms again, you need:
- Wash food and hands thoroughly before use.
- Properly process meat / fish (fully boil / fry).
- Boil tap water before drinking.
- Carry out the prevention of helminthiasis in pets every six months.
Unfortunately, no one is immune to infection with worms. Children who cannot be monitored around the clock are particularly vulnerable. Therefore, it is advisable to get tested for various worms once a year and, after consulting a doctor, conduct preventive drug treatment.